Saturday, December 19, 2009

Blogophopic No More!

Herro Prease. It is currently a blizzard here, I think we are supposed to get something like 15 inches of fresh powder (yes. I referred to snow as powder. I have been living with 11 snowboarding obsessed boys for the past 4 months, I guess they have rubbed off on me.) Thank the baby Jesus I was able to fly home yesterday. I'm not sure if I currently have the emotional capacity to spend another day in my dorm eating Aramark food.




Growing up I always envied my brother and other college friends for their, what seemed like, incredibly and unnecessarily long breaks, now I couldn't understand more. I survived my first semester at college, it wasn't easy, but I learned a ton about myself. Now I am home for 5 GLORIOUS WEEKS and I have made it my mission to start and run this blog (ehhh ayyy ayyy ehh ay ehhh, gonna run this blog tonight...oh god finals week has really taken a toll on me.)

I read a bunch of fashion blogs and want to incorporate my favorite parts into mine. Hopefully, if this whole blog project goes as planned I will post opinions, projects, inspiration, photography, food, dressup, reviews (kept to a minimum, I leave that to style.com), my vintage collection, and everything else I love.

Writing a blog seems overwhelming. There are so many things I want to post that I have developed some sort of blogophobia, but I'm going to do this!

Today I woke up bright and early, ready to go to one of my favorite Philadelphia events: The Punk Rock Flea Market, only to realize that the odds of me getting back home were slim due to the pooey weather. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to leave my house without crawling on the sidewalks to move 5 feet. Since I was up I decided to be somewhat productive and start a sewing project. My mom has a mild obsession with Japan and their sewing culture, which I, too, have developed a taste for. Whenever we go to NYC not only is a stop at Takashimaya imperative, but at this one Japanese bookstore where we pick up some great craft magazines and project books. One of which is this book about recycling t-shirts, sweatshirts, button up shirts, ties, and scarves.



^ This is the cover/the dress I'm attempting to make. There is a minor issue. I cannot read or understand Japanese so I'm relying on diagrams for instructions, which calls for some brain power and patience, most of which I expended during finals. It will be interesting how this turns out.



Here are some more projects from the book. Clearly I anything I attempt to replicate will not be nearly as cool looking as their version, but it's something to do with the ridiculous amount of large and unworn t-shirts commemorating the crazy time I had at Dan's Bar Mitzvah. I will post pictures when I'm done, but now I am going to enjoy the unknown and potentially hilariously horrible SJP movie "Spinning into Butter" with my dad and eat copious amounts of chocolate chips and peanut butter.

Follow my blog with bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment