Thursday, December 31, 2009

Before The New Year

So it's New Years Eve?? Jiggawhatttt?? I could go on about how this has been such a yadda yadda year but I'm not. This pretty much is all I need to say about New Years.



No, my New Years will (hopefully) not consist of a psychopath-hotel-heir trying to get with me or my sudden realization that I'm a huge skank and need Seth Cohen, but I had to post that. No one does it like the O.C. ANYWAY...

I'm going to put it out there...I have been pretty terrible in keeping up with posting. These past two weeks have been a little more hectic than I expected, no doubt I love it, but I haven't had nearly as much time I thought I would. Unfortunately the blog has been put on the back burner and instead I have been focusing on New Years event planning, listening to the Pixies excessively, rummaging through my mom's closet, and applying to college...again. I don't like making resolutions, let's be honest nobody can keep up with a grapefruit diet, daily 5k runs, or reading every New York Times bestseller. I prefer to make edits. How can I keep things pretty much the same but achieve some goals? Those goals being:

Blog more frequently!--Not only do I love writing about things I'm passionate about, but it's a fantastic way for me to write for pleasure and practice developing my style.

Cook more--Since I've been home I have been able to cook much more, and so far I've made some pretty fantastic meals with my mom. I have always loved cooking, it was definitely one of my phases (that joins the ranks of fashion design, tennis, and piano)...I had a cooking themed Bat Mitzvah party (yeahh....) and went to cooking camp for 2 summers, but I still enjoy it and would love to improve.

Be a more involved and thoughtful shopper-- Trust me I'm pretty stingy when it comes to shopping, although it may not seem like it. I've never done the Forever 21 thing (quality is incredibly important to me), but once in a while I find myself at Zara buying a pair of twill shorts that shrink after the first wash (clearly I'm bitter). I'm at a point in my life where I pay for things now, so I'm more picky than ever. I want to really save up for great pieces that are timeless, even if that means buying one or two items a season.

I think I will leave it at that. I don't want to overwhelm myself-- keep it simple. I apologize for the lack of photos or exciting content. I PROMISE I will do my vintage post next, but I just realized the whole reason I started this blog was to post my Sartorialist drawings...so that might come next. We'll see.

Here's a taste of what's to come...









Ps. I love dressing up for New Years, I was thinking I would go all out with sequins aka wear my recently aquired bedazzled sweater, but I'm going to keep it a little toned down..well sort of. I am going to wear the following:


I picked up this Rodarte for Target black camisole with lace detail the other day. For one thing, it's far more flattering than this photograph makes it appear and the material is much nicer than I thought it would be. There were only a couple pieces left from the collection when I got to the store. I tried on the leopard dress with the bows, although cute..it was a little much, so I settled with this.

Here is the outfit in its entirety:




Rodarte for Target camisole, Vintage Perry Ellis boys blazer, Vintage tiger-print skirt, All Saints necklace.

And the shoes...




Nine West Heels

Happy New Year!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment