Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Opposite of Sun

Right now, and for the past 48 hours, it has been a monsoon. New England weather has a serious personality disorder. Within minutes it can be sunny and gorgeous and then a complete downpour. This does not accommodate my sartorial choices in any way.

Thank goodness my mom sent me my Barbour jacket, it has been a better investment than I originally thought. If you are contemplating buying a raincoat, I would highly suggest shelling out the dough for one of their jackets. Completely worth it.

To remind myself that good weather does exist, here are some pictures of the most perfect day I had over Spring Break. My friend Sophy and I spent the day walking around Center City, Philadelphia doing our best people watching and making friends with every sales associate we met. We had an incredible lunch at Parc, the French Steven Starr dig on Rittenhouse Square, and used it as an opportunity to speak as much french as possible aka confuse our waiter a lot.

It's hard to tell with the bare trees, but it was about 65 degrees and not a cloud in sight.

Sophy's Shrimp Salad with Lemon Beurre Blanc and Avacado.

I sort of have a thing for beets. Maybe it was my upbringing and exposure to Doug, but my friends can attest to my adoration for the root. My incredible Beet Salad with a generous piece of Roquefort, Arugula, and a light Citrus Vinagrette.

I can't wait to get my new Ferragamos! They are basically Ferragamo's answer to Keds. Here is a little preview:

Excuse me, but I have to go inhale some of my mother's famous chocolate chip Passover cookies.

1 comment:

  1. great pics and Ferragamos! I loved Doug too, by the way :)

    xo,
    gracie
    theflipsideofoz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete