Sunday, July 18, 2010

I don't even want a rebound

Its been over three weeks since I stepped in the Chloe showroom, and I'm still hung up. The side effects of this trip are far more intense than I ever expected.

Symptoms include:
Lust for silk blouses
Obsession with the following colors: Buttercream, Rose, Beige
Conducting endless Ebay, Yoox, Bluefly, and Outnet searches for any semi-affordable apparel from the label
Spacing out at work dreaming over the Phoebe Philo days

Chloe F/W 2004

Chloe S/S 2005 (I had to post this partially because it featured baby Gemma)

It's dangerous.

For weeks I've been crafting (obviously in my head) my Fall must-haves, and a certain Chloe something is topping my list. So I've come to the realization that in my current economic standing investing $1200 on the worlds most stunning white blouse probably is not the greatest idea...thus I am on a mission to find a decent alternative that will hold me over.

I'm glad my love for a button-up blouse dowsed in ruffles and chicness parallels the availability of this item for Fall. After scouring my favorite online shopping destinations, plenty of designers are producing said blouse. I have only just begun the hunt, but here are some contenders:

photo: Shopbop
Elizabeth and James Havana Blouse
This would be freaking adorable with my newly acquired Seven for all Mankind gray skinnies and a pair of OTK boots that soon will be mine (that's a whole different quest).

Here is a more dressy option by DVF, but I would wear it all the time with jeans, tucked into shorts and skirts...drool.
photo: Net-A-Porter

I could bore you with more options, this is really just for my own personal reference to these items, but you get the idea.

I know I could step into Zara or Topshop and pick up a decent knock-off and be set for the season, but I'm done with wearing fabrics I've never heard of. I'm about quality and craftsmanship. A beautiful silk blouse is the perfect way to display classic design  and when punctuated with tasteful lingerie it couldn't be chicer.



No comments:

Post a Comment