Thursday, July 1, 2010

Someone's missing

First, I want to say how great a time I had at Reuben Harley's (Big Rube), of Mitchell & Ness fame, photography event at the Vivant Art Collection. Not only was it for a great cause, Big Rube's photos were awesome. He really captures street life along with some super glam moments.

Photos: Reuben Harley
I met Reuben last week when he came into Adresse with a well heeled companion. The more we talked I realized he is one of those rare people that is seriously passionate about photography and just wants people to see what he sees. 100% free of bs. Unfortunately, last night's event was a one-night deal. I look forward to seeing more of Reuben's work and hope he shows more.

In other news, I'm officially Chloe obsessed. I have always adored the brand, but after my trip see the Resort 2011 collection, I haven't shut up about it. I think what I love about the brand is its cohesiveness. Nothing feels piece-y or season specific, everything feels like its going to be in style forever and could mold to your wardrobe in an instant. The style.com slide show displays just a fraction of the whole collection, but articulates Hannah MacGibbon's vision perfectly. Simply put, it was a French interpretation of Japanese minimalism. It was classically Chloe and feminine, but definitely sans frill.

These are just some of my favorites. I would honestly put the entire collection on here...but that's what style.com is for.

All photos above: Style.com

When the model came out in the denim dress above, I almost passed out. Just perfection. And then when we were writing our order and I saw the price. I passed out again. It's price tag was completely reasonable, thus, it will be mine. Fall could not come soon enough. I will wear holes into this dress. 



The title of this post is dedicated to my favorite 20 seconds of the new MGMT album. The last bit of "Someone's Missing" is just brilliant. Will someone please remix this?



No comments:

Post a Comment