Thursday, February 4, 2010

holy beautiful music, batman

Since the summer of my Junior year I have had a minor, well not so minor actually, obsession with the Icelandic superband, Sigur Ros. My first listen, I believe it was Starálfur from their album Agaetis Byrjun, I was on the verge of tears. It's the combination of powerful strings and well planned vocals. It's truly emotion evoking music and would be, without a doubt the soundtrack to the movie of my life, don't pretend you didn't fill out the facebook survey.

www.jonsi.com

When checking out Pitchfork today, I read that the lead of Sigur Ros, Jon Birgisson aka Jonsi, is putting out a solo album. I had my doubts at first, how could he recreate the magic that is Sigur Ros? Well, I am almost at a loss of words right now for how gorgeous his songs are. As of now, there are only two songs from his album (which will be released in April) on the interwebs, but please do take the time to listen to his work.

http://jonsi.com/ <-- "Boy Lilikoi"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5VgLOs0LwQ <-- "Go Do"

No comments:

Post a Comment